A DAY WITHOUT LEARNING IS A DAY WITHOUT LIVING

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Our Town Wide Garage Sale

Last weekend the town I live in had their annual town wide garage sale. A few years back it seemed like all literal junk for sale but this year was much different. As I walked around I wished I had a lot more money to spend, there were many good items I wish I could have bought. I still think lawn/garage (or whatever you want to call them) are the best places to go shopping and save a hell of a lot of money.
Rule one is you have to be ready to be disappointed if the item you got for one or two dollars ends up being no good. But, if it is good you just won the lottery! My first great buy was a 16 jar spinning spice rack with all the jars and half of those jars still had the seals inside them. That cost me a whole $3. I did pick up a few tapes (Godzilla) just for me. The next 2 buys I smiled so much over. At I walked down the street my eyes widened when I could see hunting stuff at a house I was approaching. For less than $10 I picked up an ALICE pack, a range finder, a stealth cam and a scope. NOW! That's a deal!
Since I do not drive I hooked up with one of the local bus drivers who just happens to enjoy garage sales also and since the bus in normally empty on Saturday mornings, him and I stop by a lot of them as he makes his route. I have door to door service and a way to haul bigger items, can't beat that!

No comments:

Post a Comment