A DAY WITHOUT LEARNING IS A DAY WITHOUT LIVING

Thursday, May 13, 2010

CYA

While serving in the army during the cold war era I learned many acronyms. One of the most important ones was CYA! It stands for Cover Your Ass! I am writing this to let you all know you need to heed the warning of CYA. As everyone knows or federal government is broke, our state governments are broke and so is our city and town governments. Where will they get the money to rebuild?
About 6 or 7 months ago and old friend of mine sent me an interesting letter that was sent out to most law enforcement agencies. The letter was not an order but more of a recommendation to these agencies. In short it suggested that all police agencies, in order to produce more revenve, start writing many more tickets.
I live way out in the country and it is easy to keep track of daily chatter on the scanner since there is not a large city police force. I do not listen to it all day but within the last month I have noticed a very large increase in the number of licence plates being run by the police. To me this indicates they are pulling more and more vehicles over, trying to find problems maybe.
What really caught my attention was just 2 days ago, there was one officer that literally was running plate after plate. In my mind all I could picture was the officer was walking down a line of cars, such as in a parking lot, and running every plate trying to find infractions on the vehicles.
I beleive this is going to get worst and suggest you watch your backs. Watching your backs means making sure you and your vehicle are totally legal. Before you take off in your vehicle walk around it, check lights, check plates, check turn signals. When you drive drive like you were a saint. Make sure your licence, registration and insurance paperwork are current and very accesable. Personnaly I do not recommend you keep your licence in one of those tight plastic holders in your wallet. Reason being, they are hard to get out and that is one sign an officer will look for to determine if you might have been drinking.
My biggest recommendation if you do get pulled over, be very damn polite to the officer. Even if he/she is wrong be nice, you piss that officer off they can make your day real crappy!

No comments:

Post a Comment