A DAY WITHOUT LEARNING IS A DAY WITHOUT LIVING

Monday, May 10, 2010

Prices Are Up and Up and UP!!!

If you have not figured it out yet, you are paying more and more each time you shop. It is not just food either, everything is going up making the rich richer while we struggle. In the latest consumer report food prices are up 2.4% this last month, that is the 6 th consecutive month of increase and the largest increase in the last 26 years. Now 2.4% does not sound like a lot but that is an overall increase, some items have risen a hell of a lot more than that. You know the kind of items I am referring to, the ones everyone buys, eggs, meat, ect. Some of them have increased up to 15% or more! That is just insane! What better reason does anyone need to start their own homestead and take up hunting.
The increase that I just discovered was building materials. Back in February we had a nice little snowfall of 4 feet and it did some damage to many roofs, mine included. Back then I did some figuring on what I needed to buy so I could save up when I could do the fixing. You see, home insurance does not cover damage by snow storms, who would have thought. Insurance that does not insure! Anyhow I check Home Depot and Lowe's (prices where the exact same) and got my figures. Now that the snow is gone and the rain lets up a day here and there, I again checked on the prices, you ready?
Here we go!
A 2x6x12' Was $7.06, is now $9.72 each an increase of $2.66
A 2x4x8' Was $2.58, is now $2.38 each a decrease of a whole .20
A sheet of 7/16" x 4'x8' OSB was $8.47 a sheet and is now $14.97 each a damn increase of $6.50 a sheet!!!!!
So to buy one of each item it now costs me over 50% more, what a rip-off!
guess I am saying you need to start feeding yourself for costs and health and other items buy as soon as you can and look hard for every sale be it in a store or a lawn sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment