A DAY WITHOUT LEARNING IS A DAY WITHOUT LIVING

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I Don't Have Enough Money!

That's what I hear from people as an excuse why they don't start stocking up for survival. I read it a lot on different blogs and all over. I have one thing to say to all these people, BULLSHIT!
I would bet the people without enough money are sitting at home watching some giant tv that cost them a grand or two. They probably have 2 or 3 cars in the driveway, their kids have every damn electronic game imaginable and they pay someone else to cook their food for them almost everyday. Can you see why these people don't have money?
Here is a little more about me, I am a service connected disabled vet and i have not been able to work for years. At the present time I get less than $1100 a month disability and for at least 2 years our favorite government will not be giving me a cost of living increase, even though prices are rising everyday. I own my homestead, I have land and school taxes plus the normal bills. Right now I am rebuilding my house and I am living in an apartment while I do it. The only thing I do not have to pay for is medical, thank you US Army!
I eat very well, I do not eat out or stop at some damn fast food place everyday, I cook. I have cable, 2 electric bills, home phone and 2 cell phones. I know how to save money and I have enough to rebuild my house and when I say rebuild I mean I have torn it apart, new floor joists, new sub-floor, outside walls torn out and rebuilt, new inner walls, new electrical, new insulation, new plumbing, new windows, ect. It has taken me 3 years to do all I have done because I shop around, I do not believe in spending more than I need to. For instance, the windows were used, they were about 3 years old vynel insulated, tilt in and I got 8 of them all the same size and style for $200. THAT'S SHOPPING AROUND!
When they kept advertising the switch to digital everyone ran out and bought new expensive tv's because they were led to believe that's what they needed for the new digital setup. I researched it and found out that I needed nothing, that is the key research and research, unless something is livesaving you do not need to buy it today, do your research, check ads, read some more then ask yourself, do I really need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment