A DAY WITHOUT LEARNING IS A DAY WITHOUT LIVING

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Computer Safety

As most everyone knows being on the Internet can be a dangerous place for your personal information. So many virus's and hackers and scam emails out there always trying to get your info. I have always had a few rules for being careful online:

1. I do not open any email that I do not know who it comes from
2. I have always used Norton Anti-virus and have never had a virus
3. I use one email for personal, one for all other junk
4. If something asks for more than my name, I research them before I go further
5. #4 also includes regular mail I get

Last night I learned of a new scam though. I was watching the show "Southern Stings" and they were checking on why this girls naked pics had showed up online. Their checking finally led them to the computer store that had recently worked on her computer and guess what! The store not only were the ones that got her pics from her computer but they were also involved in a large scam by taking ALL personnel information off every computer brought into their store.
In short you have to be very,very careful when dealing with anything involved with your computer now-a-days.

No comments:

Post a Comment