A DAY WITHOUT LEARNING IS A DAY WITHOUT LIVING

Monday, April 12, 2010

My Homestead

I am still working on the ol' homestead, but who among us isn't. I live far out in the country in a town of about 100. That's right about 100 people to the whole town which is nice and quiet and you truely know your neighbors. My homestead is set back off the road and is one acre of fertile soil. My mobile home is being totally rebuilt by myself (saves ALOT of money that way) with survival in mind. There is a combination greenhouse/rabbit/chicken house and many small gardens spread around the land. Over in the far side there are apple trees with strawberry/blackberry and raspberry patches scattered around. Once the house is complete all rain water will be saved in storage for my use and for the garden. I also plan on having food pantries scattered around and a root cellar so nothing is in only one place. As the days/months go by I will be updating on what I have done with the homestead and why I have done it.

No comments:

Post a Comment