A DAY WITHOUT LEARNING IS A DAY WITHOUT LIVING

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Helping Your Neighborhood Thief

Here are some tricks you might not think of that burglars use:

1. Of course I look familiar, I was here cleaning your house/painting/delivering your new refridgerator, ect.
2. Thanks for letting me use your bathroom while I was working in your yard, I unlocked one of your back windows while I was inside.
3. All those nice kids toys outside makes me wonder what or how many gaming systems you have inside.
4. Love all the newspapers outside or maybe I will leave a pizza flyer on your door and see how long it takes you to remove it.
5. It snowed 3 days ago and your driveway/sidewalk is still not cleaned, you must not be home.
6. You have a nice decorative glass front door, it makes it so easy to see your alarm control pad.
7. Many alarm companies won't alarm the window over your sink or the upstairs windows, THANKS, also make sure you have motion detectors installed, the good ones can be set even if you have pets inside.
8. It is raining outside, your fumbling with keys and groceries as you go in and you forget to lock the door behind you, Thanks!
9. Do you really think I don't know all the hiding places (sock drawers, cabinets, ect) think again I will check them all.
10. I might not break into your safe because I am in a hurry but if it is not bolted down I will take it with me.
11. A dead quiet, unlit house is a giveaway, set some timers on lights, radios and such.
12. Two things I hate the most, loud dogs and nosey neighbors.
13. I don't mind breaking a window if someone hears it, they will usually wait to hear another noise, if they don't they will normally go back to what they were doing.
14. You have to love all the people that spend so much money on an alarm system then never set it.
15. Windows are the outlet to your home, I can walk by at night and see everything you have in your house, CLOSE YOUR BLINDS!
16. Many crooks will use the internet, STOP advertising your vacation on facebook, myspace, ect. Tell your kids the same thing, your personnal life is not to be advertised on the internet.
17. When you buy a new flat sceen, computer, gaming system, ect stop putting all the boxes out for the garbage man. It is a beacon that will draw a burglar right to your house for that brand new gift you just bought him. Break the boxes down and put them in bags or if you can, burn them or take them to work to dispose of them, just don't leave them out for every thief in the city to see

The I in these does not refer to me, these were writen as if the thief was speaking to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment